Monday, July 13, 2015

Blueberry Chicken Salad with Strawberry Balsamic

So this guy I work with brought me a big bag of fresh blueberries.  Let me tell you, I am a blueberry fanatic.  I eat them Every. Day.  I wanted to try something a little different then a muffin or cereal.

I think I found my new blueberry addiction!


Blueberry Chicken Salad!  

I don't think I can describe how delicious this is!  Packed with protein, whole ingredients and flavor that makes you mouth sing this is one of the best things I've made in a long time, and it took no time at all!

There are a few substitutions you can make, and I'll probably try in the future.  I usually put onions in my chicken salad, but with the addition of Feta I decided it would be to much.  I think it is a one thing or the other type deal.  Pick your poison.

Ingredients:

1 pound poached skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbs Wildtree Coconut Citrus Blend
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 cup Blueberries
2 Tbs Wildtree Apple Balsamic Vinegar
1 Cup FF Greek Yogurt
3 Oz Feta Cheese

Method of Prep:

My Mom taught me a long time ago that while poaching chicken you had the perfect opportunity to "perfume" it.  Place chicken breasts in the bottom or a pot or deep skillet.  Sprinkle salt and Coconut Citrus Blend on chicken, and cover with water until it is about a 1/2 above the chicken.  Bring to a slow rolling boil, cover and cook for five minutes.  Remove from heat, keeping it covered.  Check temperature of chicken in about 10-12 minutes.  It should reach 165 and be perfectly poached with a hint of citrus!  Let it rest until it cools to room temperature, and shred or cube, whichever is your preference.

Which Apple Balsamic Vinegar and Greek yogurt together.  Mix in with chicken, celery, and feta.  Once incorporated well gently fold in the blueberries.

Eat on a lettuce wrap or your favorite bun!

Want to check out some delicious, organic products?  We are striving to be all organic and gluten free!  click here to check out our awesome products!

Want to learn more about Wildtree the company and how you can be a part of it?  Check out my FAQS!

No comments:

Post a Comment