Friday, June 10, 2016

Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Chocolate Banana Nut Bread

It's super hot today, so baking isn't in the cards.  I love to bake.  Like anything - savory, sweet, anything cooked in the oven. I had seen how people had done baked goods in their Instant Pot, so I figured I'd try it out.  I can do my favorite type of baking even if it's 95 out?  Yes please!

My Mom used to make banana nut bread in empty cans, so I thought I'd try that recipe out. Turns out, it's delicious and doesn't heat up my whole house!


Ingredients:

Dry team:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves

Wet team:
1 egg
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla (or butter vanilla emulsion if you can find it)
3 large very ripe bananas mashed

Add ins:

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup roasted walnuts

Materials needed:

Three empty cans cleaned.  Be sure to get all paper and "glue" from the outside of can. Spray with non-stick spray and place in your freezer while you mix your batter.

Whisk your egg and sugar together until it turns to a butter yellow color and falls off your whisk in ribbons.  Whisk in your melted butter.  Make sure it is not "hot" as you don't want scrambled eggs!  Even if mine is only a little warm I go slowly, raising the temp of the eggs at a slow rate so that this doesn't happen.  Add vanilla and bananas and mix until fully incorporated.

Add the items of your dry team to another bowl and whisk to combined.  Add the wet team and fold until just incorporated - do not over mix!  Even if you see a little flour it's ok!  Fold in your chocolate chips and walnuts.

Fill your cans 3/4 of the way.  Tap cans on counter to get all that gooey deliciousness even in the can.




Add 2 cups of water to your Instant Pot and put the trivet in.  Cover your cans with foil.


Place your cans on the trivet, close the IP and set to manual 30 minutes.  When finished turn the pot off and let it sit 10-15 minutes for a natural release.  Carefully remove foil with tongs, being sure to dump any excess water to the side so that it does not go into the bread.  Remove to a cooling rack for 10 minutes, then turn upside down and gently tap until break loaf comes out.

These are awesome with a little butter, cream cheese, or hell with nothing!  So delicious!  These freeze really well to so I usually double the recipe and make a bunch!

Be sure to like my Facebook Page for more recipes!


2 comments:

  1. What size cans are you using for this? I'd like to try it, but have no idea what diameter I need. They look like the size cans that green beans come in? Around 16 oz.? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep it is just your standard veggie can, and they were green beans :)

    ReplyDelete