Saturday, August 13, 2016

Italian Beef Pressure Cooker Sandwich Freezer Meal

So I love freezer meals.  I work at least 60 hours a week, usually more.  If I'm not prepared or just plain wore out after a long day it is nice to have things in my freezer that I can just throw in my Instant Pot when I get home.

Right now I'm developing a freezer meal workshop that will have the grocery list, labels for the bags, and you can do 10 meals at once.  If this interests you be sure to like my Facebook page so you don't miss it when it's done!

Some of them you can cook frozen, but I don't do that with larger cuts of meat.  This recipe uses a 3 pound rump roast so I take it out the night before.  If you put it in a bowl with just room temperature tap water it'll defrost in just a few hours!

This was my Mom's recipe and in my opinion could hold it's ground with any of those awesome Chicago Italian Beef sandwiches!  I use Wildtree products, and I do sell them, but I always put a substitution for people that aren't interested in Wildtree.  I want everyone to enjoy them :)


Italian Beef

Ingredients:

3 pound rump roast
3 tbs Wildtree hearty spaghetti sauce blend  (or spaghetti sauce packet found by the gravy packets in your grocery store)
2 tsp Wildtree California Style Garlic Pepper Blend (or 1 1/2 tsp ground garlic with 1/2 teaspoon black pepper)
1 tsp kosher salt
1 12 oz jar mild banana rings
1 12 oz jar pepperoncini peppers chopped

At cook time:  
2 cups good beef stock
6-8 hoagie rolls or your preferred bread
Optional:  2 cups mozzarella cheese

Get out a large gallon freezer bag.  Add the whole jar of mild banana rings, juice and all.  Open the pepperoncini peppers and add 1/4 of jar.  Now if you like spice you can add some of the juice and more of the peppers.  If I'm making this for all adults I'll add at least half of the jar and half of the juice, but it is spicy.  I like spicy :)  Make it your own!



Add spices to your bag and swoosh around to incorporate.  Add the rump roast and squeeze as much air out as is humanly possible mixing the liquid with the meat.  I always put my bags in a large plastic container so that I don't have to hold the bag while I'm adding ingredients.


Freeze.....

Defrost this the night before you are going to make it in the refrigerator.  I can't lie, mine only stayed frozen for one day because I couldn't wait!  I wouldn't keep this in the freezer for more than a month or two, so be sure to date your bag!

Add two cups of broth to the Instant Pot and contents of freezer bag.  Hit manual and adjust time to 65 minutes.  Once the time is up do a natural release, which took 15 minutes for me.

Check internal temp of beef and make sure it is at a safe level.  Mine was well above, but I always check my meat because I'm paranoid like that :)

Remove roast and let sit for 10 minutes.  I always keep my pot on saute and adjust to low while I'm letting my beef rest.  Shred and return to pot.  If you have a meat slicer you can put it in the refrigerator for a couple of hours and slice thin.  I don't have time for that!


Slice your rolls and fill them up!  You can place a ramekin of the juice with your sandwich.  It doesn't need it but oh my is it delicious!  I like to wrap mine in foil with the top open, place on a cookie sheet, and put it under my broiler for a couple of minutes to get the bread all toasty.  It is also awesome if you top it with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and toast it up.  The foil makes it much easier to eat without destroying your clothes, because it is messy!

This sandwich has such great flavor!  My mouth waters while I eat it, it's so good.  I hope you enjoy it!

So yeah I use Wildtree and sell Wildtree.  As I said earlier I put subs in place so that people who aren't interested in Wildtree can make my recipes also.  I use Wildtree because they are organic and natural.  No preservatives or any of that...No GMO...Responsibly harvested...I could go on and on but I won't :)

If you are interested in trying the Wildtree version you can order the spices here.   They are items 10570 and 10197.  Take a look around my site!  Everything is delicious and there are so many recipes for all of our products.

You can also check out how to start your own Wildtree business if that kind of thing floats your boat.  I love love love my business and it has enriched my life so much!  A business was the last thing I was looking for when I stumbled upon Wildtree, but after being a customer for a while I just saw the potential and of course wanted the discount!

You can email me if you have any questions!







No comments:

Post a Comment