Sunday, September 14, 2014

Cheesy Bulgur Garlic Broccoli Chicken Bake


So my first foray into cooking at work with my cute little slow cooker was a raging success!  This recipe was absolutely delicious!  The air was filled with cheesy garlic goodness all morning and I looked on with pity to those that were eating a boring sandwich or greasy take-out.

Bulgur (or cracked wheat) has long been a favorite of mine.  A complex carb that is 100% whole wheat, bulgur  is a good source of fiber, protein, iron and vitamin B-6.   If you haven't tried it please do!  I sub rice with it all the time, and now when I do eat rice it seems so unsubstantial.

Cheesy Bulgur Garlic Broccoli Chicken Bake

Ingredients:

Chicken - marinate this for at least 2 hours or freeze in individual freezer bags and take out the night before :)  I buy a pound of chicken, cube it into nugget size, and make 4 pint sized bags for the freezer.
3 oz chicken - cubed
1/2 teaspoon Wildtree Garlic and Herb Blend
1/2 teaspoon Wildtree Roasted Garlic Grapeseed Oil

Sauce - I put these ingredients in first and stir.  It will not totally incorporate, but will work itself out while cooking
1/2 cup skim milk
1/2 cup Wildtree Kidz Cheese
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoons Wildtree Vegetable Bouillon

The rest -  add this to your sauce mixture and give it a good stir
1/4 cup Bulgur Wheat
1 cup broccoli

After mixing your sauce and the rest of the ingredients, place chicken on top.  Cover slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours, or on low for 3 hours and turn to high for 1 hour.  Both methods worked fine for me, so it depends on how much time you have before lunch.  Just be sure your chicken reaches 165 degrees :)  

I stirred everything together after 3 hours.

This was such a great lunch, and I ended up eating it for two days.  The bulgur is so filling I could not eat it all in one setting!

You may notice I use Wildtree products.  You most certainly can find replacements for them I'm sure, but since they use no gmo's, preservatives or artificial ingredients they are the way to go for me.  Oh, and I also sell them so with my demonstrator discount it's a no brainer for me :)

To order Wildtree products please visit http://www.mywildtree.com/kellycalton

Interested in joining a white hot business? Wildtree will have 65% of their products certified #glutenfree and 88% of their products certified #organic by the end of the year! Check out my FAQ's to learn more on how you can join this amazing business for $49.95! https://www.facebook.com/notes/wildtree-with-kelly-calton/faqs-on-joining-wildtree/583740365039229

No comments:

Post a Comment